If you need to change your eftps password in QuickBooks, there are a few different ways to go about it. You can change your password through the QuickBooks login screen, or you can change your password through the QuickBooks administrator panel.
How to change and update your EFTPS Password for QuickBooks[ytvideo]
Steps to changing your EFTPS password in QuickBooks
If you are having trouble logging in to your EFTPS account, you may need to change your password. To change your password in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Open the QuickBooks account that you want to change your password for.
- Click the Edit Profile link in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Change Password link.
- Type your new password in the New Password field.
- Type your current password in the Confirm New Password field.
- Click the Change Password button.
- Click the Close button to finish editing your profile.
Why you should change your EFTPS password periodically
Ever since the Edward Snowden NSA revelations, many banks have been urging their customers to change their passwords on any online accounts where they have put in their personal information. In order to comply with these new security guidelines, it is also important that you change your EFTPS password on your QuickBooks account.
EFTPS stands for Electronic Fund Transfer System, and is the secure channel that QuickBooks uses to transfer money between your bank account and your company account. If your password is easy to guess or is written down on a piece of paper, someone else could potentially access your funds if they stole your computer or gained access to your account through someone you trust.
Creating a strong password is the first step in protecting your QuickBooks account. The password should be at least 8 characters long and include at least one number and one letter. You should also make sure to never use easily guessed words like your birthday or your mother’s maiden name. Instead, choose a combination of letters and numbers that is difficult to guess.
To change your EFTPS password in QuickBooks, open the account and go to the “Account” tab. Under “Settings,” click on the “Password” tab. In the “Password” dialog box, type in your current password and then click “Change Password.” Enter your new password in the “New Password” box and then click “Update.”
How to create a strong EFTPS password
Most eftps passwords are either 8 characters or 10 characters in length.
1. Firstly, choose a strong password that is different from your normal eftps password.
2. Make sure you use a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
3. Avoid using easily guessed words such as “password”, “admin” or “help”.
4. Make sure you keep your password secure by never sharing it with anyone.
The importance of keeping your EFTPS password secure
Keeping your EFTPS password secure is important not only to your own personal security, but also to the security of your business’s data. If someone were to gain access to your EFTPS account and gain access to your company’s confidential data, they could damage your business’s reputation and potentially even lose money. Here are a few tips to help you maintain your EFTPS password security:
1. Always make sure you are using a strong password.
2. Store your password in a safe place.
3. Don’t share your password with anyone.
4. Don’t use easily guessed words or easily accessible information like your birthdate or your address to create your password.
5. Don’t use easily guessable passwords on other websites where you store your personal information, like your bank account or your email account.
6. If you ever suspect that your EFTPS password has been compromised, immediately change it and contact your financial institution to update your account settings.
What to do if you forget your EFTPS password
If you forget your EFTPS password, you can reset it by following these steps:
1. Click the Tools menu and select Accounts.
2. Click the EFTPS account you want to reset.
3. Click the Password button and enter your new password.
4. Click the Save Password button and close the Accounts window.
Changing your eftps password in QuickBooks can help protect your financial data.