Small and medium-sized businesses rely on QuickBooks, a renowned accounting software, to handle their financial transactions. One of the features of QuickBooks is the Point of Sale (POS) system. QuickBooks POS System is a reliable and efficient tool that enables businesses to track sales, manage inventory, and process payments. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about QuickBooks-POS, including how to download it, compatible hardware, and how to deal with invalid product numbers.
What is QuickBooks POS System?
QuickBooks POS is a point-of-sale system that allows businesses to track sales, inventory, and customer information. It is a useful tool for businesses of all sizes, as it helps streamline operations, reduce errors, and improve customer service. QuickBooks-POS comes in two versions: Basic and Pro. The Basic version is suitable for small businesses, while the Pro version is ideal for larger businesses with more complex inventory needs.
How Does QuickBooks POS Download
To download QuickBooks POS, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your QuickBooks account. If you do not currently have an account, you will need to create one in order to proceed.
- After logging in, navigate to the left-hand menu and select “Downloads & Updates”.
- From the drop-down menu, select “QuickBooks Point of Sale.”
- Choose the version of QuickBooks POS that you want to download. You can choose from the Basic or Pro version, depending on your business needs.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Complete the download and installation process by following the instructions displayed on your screen.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch POS QuickBooks and begin setting up your account.
It is important to note that you will need a valid license key to activate the QuickBooks POS system after downloading it.
Compatible QuickBooks POS Hardware
This requires specific hardware to function correctly. Here is the list of QuickBooks pos compatible hardware:
- Barcode scanner
- Cash drawer
- Credit card reader
- Receipt printer
- Label printer
- Customer display
It is essential to ensure that the hardware you choose is compatible with your version of QuickBooks-POS. You can check the QuickBooks website for a list of compatible hardware.
QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number
If you receive an “Invalid Product Number” error when trying to activate POS QuickBooks, it could be due to several reasons:
- The license number entered is incorrect.
- The license number is for a different version of QuickBooks-POS.
- The license number has already been used on another computer.
You can attempt to fix the problem by following these steps:
- Verify that the license number entered is correct. Double-check the number for any typos or errors.
- Check that the license number is for the same version of POS QuickBooks that you’re trying to activate. The license number for QuickBooks-POS Basic cannot be used to activate its Pro, and vice versa.
- Make sure that you are not trying to activate an expired license. If your license has expired, you will need to renew it to continue using it.
- If none of the above steps resolve the issue, contact QuickBooks support for assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution to the invalid product number error.
QuickBooks POS vs. QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks Online are two different products that serve different purposes. This is a point-of-sale system designed for businesses with physical storefronts, while QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting software that enables businesses to manage their finances from anywhere. QuickBooks Online also includes a point-of-sale feature, but it is not as robust as QuickBooks-POS.
Benefits of QuickBooks POS
Using the QuickBooks POS system, has several benefits, including:
- Streamlining sales and inventory tracking
- Improving accuracy and reducing errors
- Empowering businesses to efficiently and rapidly process payments.
- Improving customer service by providing accurate and timely information
QuickBooks POS Pricing
The cost of POS QuickBooks varies depending on the version you choose. The Basic version costs $1,200 per year, while the Pro version costs $1,700 per year. QuickBooks also offers a 30-day free trial for both versions.
QuickBooks POS is a reliable and efficient point-of-sale system that enables businesses to manage their sales, inventory, and customer information. It is important to ensure that you have compatible hardware before you download POS QuickBooks and that you enter the correct license number to avoid invalid product number errors. With its many benefits, it is a useful tool for businesses of all sizes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can QuickBooks POS be used on multiple devices?
Yes, QuickBooks POS can be provided a facility to access QuickBooks multi-user mode. QuickBooks offers a “Multi-Store” version of the software that allows businesses to manage multiple store locations and devices from a single account. This version also includes features such as centralized inventory management and employee time tracking.
Q2. Is QuickBooks POS cloud-based?
QuickBooks POS system is available both as a desktop and a cloud-based solution. QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop is a locally-installed application that runs on your computer, while QuickBooks Point of Sale Cloud is a cloud-based solution that allows you to access your data from anywhere with an internet connection. It Cloud requires a monthly subscription fee, while it Desktop is a one-time purchase.
Q3. Does QuickBooks POS integrate with other software?
Yes, QuickBooks POS integrates with other software, including QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and many other third-party applications. This integration allows businesses to streamline their operations and eliminate manual data entry. For example, POS QuickBooks can integrate with an e-commerce platform to automatically update inventory levels and sales data in real-time.