Changing the primary admin in QuickBooks Online can be a difficult process, but it is definitely possible. Here are five tips on how to do it.
QuickBooks Online Tutorial Transferring the Primary Admin Intuit Training[ytvideo]
How to change your primary administrator in QuickBooks Online
If you would like to change your primary administrator in QuickBooks Online, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- In the “My Account” section, click the “My Admin” link.
- In the “Admin” section, click the “Primary Administrator” link.
- In the “Primary Administrator” dialog box, click the “Change Primary Administrator” button.
- In the “New Primary Administrator” dialog box, provide your new primary administrator information.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Congratulations, your changes have been saved!
Why you might need to change your primary administrator in QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is a great tool for small business owners but it can be difficult to manage your finances and company records if you don’t have the right person in charge. Your primary administrator is the person responsible for managing your QuickBooks finances, reporting your company’s financial status to the IRS, and generally keeping everything running smoothly.
If you’re not comfortable with your primary administrator or if you want to take on more of the administrative responsibilities yourself, you can change your administrator role in QuickBooks Online. This will give you more control over your company’s finances and records, but it can be a bit tricky to do. Here are some tips to help you change your primary administrator:
1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
2. Click the “Tools” tab, and then click “Account Settings.”
3. Under “Account Type,” click “QuickBooks Online.”
4. Under “Account Administrator,” click “Edit.”
5. In the “Account Administrator Role” box, click the drop-down list, and select the role you want to change to.
6. Under “Profile Picture,” click the drop-down list, and select a profile picture.
7. Under “Name,” type the new administrator’s name.
8. Under “Email Address,” type the new administrator’s email address.
9. Click “Save Changes.”
How to add a new administrator in QuickBooks Online
Adding a new administrator in QuickBooks Online is easy. Here’s how:
- Log into your QuickBooks Online account.
- Click the Admin tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Add a New Administrator link.
- Enter the administrator’s name, email address, and password.
- Click the Submit button.
- The administrator will be automatically added to the list of administrators.
- If you need to add or change the administrator’s permissions, click the Permissions tab and follow the instructions.
How to remove an administrator in QuickBooks Online
In QuickBooks Online, an administrator is a user who has been assigned administrative privileges by QuickBooks. Administrators can perform many tasks, such as managing users, setting up company files, and accessing company data. Administrators can also disable user accounts and reset passwords.
If you no longer need administrative privileges, you can remove an administrator from your account by following these steps:
1. In QuickBooks Online, sign in to your account.
2. On the main menu, click Settings.
3. Under Accounts and Settings, click the account for which you want to remove administrator privileges.
4. On the Account Settings page, under Administration, click Remove Administrator.
5. Type your email address in the Email Address field.
6. Type your password in the Password field.
7. Click Delete.
If you want to keep a copy of your administrator account information, click Save Settings.
How to change your administrator password in QuickBooks Online
If you need to change your administrator password in QuickBooks Online, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
2. Click the Account menu and select Account Settings.
3. On the Account Settings page, scroll down to the Password section and click Change Password.
4. Type your current administrator password in the Password field and click Change.
5. Type a new administrator password in the New Password field and click Change.
6. Click Save Changes.
If you want to change the primary administrator for your QuickBooks online account, here’s how:
1. Log in to your QuickBooks online account.
2. Click the “Accounts” tab.
3. Find the account you want to change the primary administrator for, and click the “Admin” link next to its name.
4. On the “Admin” page, click the “Change Primary Administrator” link.
5. On the “Change Primary Administrator” page, enter the new primary administrator’s email address and password, and click the “Submit” button.
6. Your new primary administrator will be automatically registered with QuickBooks online.