Invoicing is an important part of any business. You need to be able to track your expenses and generate invoices that are accurate and reflect the actual costs of your products or services. However, sometimes you may need to void an invoice. This guide will explain how to do this in QuickBooks.
How to VOID An Invoice – Quickbooks Online Accountant[ytvideo]
How to Void an Invoice in QuickBooks
Here is a detailed professional, witty and clever explanation of how to void an invoice in QuickBooks.
1. Open QuickBooks.
- On the Home screen, click the Invoices icon (or press Ctrl + I).
- On the Invoice list, click the invoice you want to void.
- On the Edit invoice details dialog box, click the Voided checkbox.
- Click OK.
- If you want to cancel the void, on the Payment tab, click Cancel Void.
- If you want to print the invoice with the voiding information, on the View tab, click the Print button (or press Ctrl + P).
- Click OK to close the Edit invoice details dialog box.
- If you want to save the changes you made to the invoice, on the Payment tab, click Save and Close.
Steps to Void an Invoice in QuickBooks
If you have a customer who has not paid their invoice, you can void the invoice. To void an invoice in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
1. Open QuickBooks and select the invoice you want to void.
2. On the Home tab, click the Edit button.
3. In the Invoice Details area, click the Void button.
4. If the customer has already paid the invoice, QuickBooks will prompt you to refund the money. If the customer has not yet paid the invoice, QuickBooks will void the invoice and send the customer a notification that the invoice has been voided.
How to Cancel an Invoice in QuickBooks
If you have a customer who has not paid their invoice, you may want to cancel their invoice. Canceling an invoice can save the company money and may encourage the customer to pay their bill. To cancel an invoice in QuickBooks:
How to Delete an Invoice in QuickBooks
If you need to delete an invoice in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
1. Open the invoice you want to delete.
- On the Home tab, in the QuickBooks ribbon, click Account -> Void This Invoice.
- In the Void This Invoice dialog box, do one of the following:
a. If the invoice is dated earlier than the last date you processed in QuickBooks, QuickBooks automatically selects the oldest date as the date to void. If you want to void an invoice dated after the last date you processed, type a new date in the Date Void field.
b. If the invoice is not dated, type the date you want to void.
- Click Void.
- If the invoice has attachments, QuickBooks deletes the attachments.
- Close the invoice.
How to Remove an Invoice in QuickBooks
Voiding an invoice in QuickBooks is a quick and easy way to get rid of an expense that you no longer need. When you void an invoice, you stop recognizing the associated expense in your financial statements. This means that you no longer have to report the expense in your quarterly tax filings or keep it in your company budget. Voiding an invoice also stops the vendor from receiving the payment from the customer.
If you want to void an invoice in QuickBooks, there are a few steps you need to take. First, open the invoice you want to void. Next, click the “Void” button that appears next to the “Due Date” field. Finally, click the “Submit” button to finish voiding the invoice.