If you’ve ever had to unvoid a check in QuickBooks, you know it can be a pain. Here’s how to do it in a hurry.
How to Void a Check in QuickBooks[ytvideo]
How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is an accounting software that allows you to easily record transactions and keep your financial records. When you write a check, QuickBooks records the transaction as a debt and debits your bank account. If you need to unvoid a check, you first need to identify the check you want to unvoid.
1. Open QuickBooks and click the “Payments and Expenses” tab.
2. Select the check you want to unvoid from the list of transactions.
3. Click the “Debit” button next to the check’s “Amount” field.
4. Click the “Unvoid” button to unvoid the check.
How to Unvoid a QuickBooks Check
If you need to unvoid a QuickBooks check, there are a few steps you’ll need to take.
First, open QuickBooks and select the check you want to unvoid.
Next, click the “Edit” button and select “Unvoid Check.”
You’ll be asked to confirm the unvoiding. Click “Unvoid Check.”
Your check will be unvoided and any associated balance will be cleared.
Unvoiding Checks in QuickBooks
There are a few ways to unvoid a check in QuickBooks. The easiest way is to use the Unvoid Check button on the Home tab of the QuickBooks window. You can also use the Unvoid button on the Edit Check screen.
If you want to unvoid a check by phone, you can call QuickBooks at 888-891-6847 and ask to unvoid a check.
If you want to unvoid a check by mail, you can mail a written request to QuickBooks at P.O. Box 9999, Austin, TX 78767.
How to Correctly Unvoid a QuickBooks Check
There are a few different ways to unvoid a QuickBooks check. The most common way is to go to the Account > Checks & Balances screen and uncheck the check from the list of checks.
If you want to unvoid a check from a specific bank account, you can do that by going to the Account > Transactions screen and selecting the check from the list of checks.
If you want to unvoid a check from a specific date, you can do that by going to the Account > Checks & Balances screen and selecting the check from the list of checks that were written on (or after) that date.
How to Fix a Void Check in QuickBooks
If you find that a check has been voided, it can be a serious problem. A void check can prevent you from receiving payment from a customer or from depositing that payment into your bank account. Here’s how to fix a void check in QuickBooks:
1. Open QuickBooks and go to the Payments tab.
2. Find the check you want to fix and click on it.
3. On the Payments tab, click on the Details tab.
4. In the Date Received field, choose the date that the check was actually delivered to the bank.
5. In the Date Voided field, choose the date the check was supposedly voided.
6. In the Amount field, enter the correct amount of money that was allegedly voided.
7. If the check is drawn on a bank account other than your own, you’ll need to provide the bank’s account number and routing number.
8. If the check is drawn on your own account, you don’t need to provide any additional information.
9. Click on the Void Check button and QuickBooks will fix the check and update the Payments tab with the new information.
In order to unvoid a check in QuickBooks, you will need to open the check and edit the payee information. From there, you will need to click the Unvoid link next to the check.