A very important aspect of the business is to keep a well-maintained payroll account. All thanks to intuit for developing software that not only helps in business financial calculations but also offers payroll services. QuickBooks not only helps maintain a well-organized payroll account but also offers to upgrade it on a regular basis as per the latest guidelines. This ensures fair pay to all employees. Nevertheless, in certain circumstances when the user tries to update payroll, it fails and QuickBooks error 30159 pops up.
At first, it might seem a confusingly annoying problem, but, having said that, we bring to the table this well-researched article with each and every pin pointer you must know about QuickBooks error 30159.
A Complete Outline Of QuickBooks Error 30159
A payroll account is an account used to pay employees’ salaries according to the latest rules and guidelines. As the name suggests, QuickBooks payroll error 30159 is directly related to the payroll account. This error emerges when we try to update the account but the process crashes i.e. fails. This can take place due to different viable reasons.
One very basic cause that leads to error 30159 in QuickBooks is the illegitimate setup of system files. Over and above that, a damaged operating system or its corrupted files can agitate QuickBooks payroll error 30159. In such cases, as soon as you try to upgrade payroll, the process fails, ergo, QuickBooks error 30159: “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Causes For QuickBooks Error 30159
The best way to ensure that the problem does not arise again is to eliminate it from its root cause. Thus, to resolve QuickBooks error 30159 from its source, we need to know what leads to this. There is not one particular reason for error 30159 in QuickBooks desktop but a whole set of them.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
- The Operating System files are incorrectly set up.
- Incomplete or incorrect installation of QBs.
- Quickbooks files are either incomplete or deleted.
- The employee identification number is not active.
- QuickBooks is not up-to-date.
- System preferences required for the software’s smooth function are missing.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted.
- Hardware is not removed properly.
- There are some damaged files that are giving out misleading information.
- A malicious attack on the system.
- Misconfigured Windows registry.
QuickBooks Error 30159 | System Indications
Error 30159 in QuickBooks is a generic error but regardless of that, it can cause big troubles if the warning signs are ignored and the error is not resolved. Nonetheless, when QuickBooks error 30159 is triggered, your system starts to show some minor or major setbacks. These are:
- The system is slowed down.
- All active windows crash as soon as the error pops up.
- You see the QuickBooks payroll error 30159 messages on your desktop.
- QuickBooks crashes or freezes very often.
- The system shuts down all of a sudden.
Tactics To Crack QuickBooks Error 30159
The above-mentioned issues are likely to be the source of error 30159 in QuickBooks desktop. Above that, after looking at the damage the error does to the system, you’ll want to get rid of it instantly. The solution to resolve QuickBooks payroll error 30159 is listed below.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Payroll Utility
QuickBooks payroll utility is a program that helps scan the error and resolve it within a few minutes. Before we get started, download QuickBooks payroll utility software.
- Install and open the QuickBooks payroll utility.
- When the application opens up, you’ll see a scan button. Click on it.
- Wait for it to scan your system. Once the scanning is completed, the results will be visible.
- You’ll see the list of issues. Click on fix QuickBooks error.
- Restart your system. If the error persists, switch to another solution.
Solution 2: Restore Your Operating System
There are circumstances when a certain action or list of actions causes QuickBooks error 30159. Therefore you’ll need to restore your system to switch back things to the way they were.
- Access your system using admin credentials.
- Go to the search field and type accessories.
- Here, select the system tools option.
- A new window will open, and tap on system restore.
- Choose the restore my system option and press next.
- Select the most recent restore point and hit next.
- A confirmation window will prompt. React positively.
- Let the process be completed. Finally, restart your system.
Solution 3: Add an Active Employee Identification Number (EIN)
An employee identification number (EIN) is a 9-digit id number that helps the IRS to recognize the business. When your employee id number is inactive, the IRS fails to identify your business causing the updating process to crash. Here is how you can add an active EIN:
- Open QuickBooks and click the open payroll tab.
- Here, select the option to use my existing payroll services.
- A window will open (account maintenance).
- Tap on add file >> add EIN.
- Add the details and review them thoroughly.
- Hit next and switch back to your QuickBooks application.
Solution 4: Update Your Windows To The Latest Version
When QuickBooks error 30159 occurs, it can be due to an outdated window that does not support the updates. Or the version of the operating system is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks. Hence, follow these steps to update your system to the latest version:
- Go to the search field and type update and open it.
- The update window will open. Click on the option to check for updates.
- After this, a list of all available updates will be visible.
- Start downloading and installing them.
- After the process is completed, restart your system to see changes.
Solution 5: Get Rid of Temporary Files
When you download any software a lot of temporary files are downloaded with it. These files become useless after a point and unnecessarily take up the drive space. This also led to QuickBooks error 30159. Perform a disk cleanup to get rid of these files. Here’s how:
- Firstly you will have to delete all the temporary files.
- Open the search field and type disk cleanup.
- Open it and choose any one drive which you want to clean.
- Mark unwanted and temporary files and hit the delete button.
- After this, select the cleanup system files tab.
- You’ll see a list of files, choose the type you want to get rid of.
- Press okay and all unnecessary files will be deleted.
Solution 6: Verify And Restore Payroll Service Key
A payroll service key is provided when you purchase QuickBooks. You have to enter this key along with other details to activate your payroll account. When you mistakenly enter the wrong service key, it hinders the updating process. To ensure a correct payroll service key is entered, follow these steps:
- Open employee >> my payroll service >> manage payroll service key.
- Now click on the payroll service key and hit remove.
- Now click on add option.
- Enter the payroll service key, and review it thoroughly.
- Hit the finish button. In order to close the procedure, press okay.
Solution 7: File Checker For Windows
A file check for windows is an inbuilt tool in all new versions of windows. This tool helps repair the damages to files in your system that might be causing error 30159 in QuickBooks. To run this tool, follow:
- Start with logging into the system as an admin.
- Open the start menu and press the windows + r keys together to open the run command.
- In the field, type cmd and press enter.
- As soon as you do this, a black window will open.
- Enter sfc/scannow and hit the enter key.
- The scan will start and it might take some time.
- Next, follow on-screen guidelines to repair the damaged file.
These are all tried and tested methods to resolve QuickBooks error 30159. Let us know which solution worked the best for you in the comments. Despite everything, if QuickBooks payroll error 30159 still persists, get in touch with our QuickBooks support team. We have a professional team of experts at your beck and call. We will be more than happy to assist you and provide complete satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: How to fix QuickBooks error 15270?
A: QuickBooks error 15270 occurs when you enter an EIN incorrectly or are using a social security number instead. To get rid of this error:
- Recheck if your subscription to QuickBooks is active.
- Use the QuickBooks tool hub to eliminate the error.
- Get the latest version of the payroll update.
- Ensure EIN and payroll service key is entered correctly.
Q: How can I fix a recurring QuickBooks error?
A: Errors are a part of QuickBooks. There are several reasons why a particular error occurs. However, it is pretty simple to resolve these errors:
- Manually update necessary settings to eliminate errors.
- Use QuickBooks file doctor or QuickBooks tool hub.
- Update your operating system.
- Update to the latest version of QuickBooks.
Q: What does a lightning bolt symbol mean?
A: A lightning bolt symbol in QuickBooks depicts that a transaction is verified by all necessary norms.